Saturday, December 28, 2013

Menu Planning

Meal planning is something I need to do.  I am a working mother of two teenage girls and one hungry   Mr.  I am not an expert cook in any shape or form. However, cooking is my favorite chore.  In our house, food on the table and snacks in the kitchen make a happy home. 

 I receive a text every day at the same time wanting to know what we are eating for supper.  Many days I don't even know and this text is very frustrating especially since this is the time I am getting off from work.  However the Mr. does not mind cooking supper if he knows what to do.  Dear daughters also need to learn to cook a meal or two.  So... I took to Pinterest looking for an idea that may help me.  I found numerous examples of a menu board.  I am hoping this menu board makes my life easier and saves me a little money on groceries too!

This is mine:

BTW-- this little project took me all day.  But done is better than perfect and it will serve a purpose.  However I am sure that crooked recipe box will have me fixing it tomorrow.  It is driving me crazy.  However, the best part is that I used supplies I already had in the house.  So this project only cost me time.

Anyway, I am going to try to post my meal plan every Friday because I usually purchase my groceries on Saturday. 

What is your tried and true recipe? 


No comments:

Post a Comment